2023 is half over… lofty resolutions set in January have been cast aside and aspirations to learn for attaining greatness may have dwindled a bit.
The good news is, there is still time to learn! Sam Villa, Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of Sam Villa and Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken, says “I check in with myself around June/July to access where I am…with 6 more months to go, I hold myself accountable for achieving the things that are important to me, both personally and professionally.”
Mastering the perfect curtain fringe, perfecting the shag, overcoming the fear of cutting curly hair, taking the leap to switch to a swivel shear, learning balayage… anything is possible. “There’s so much amazing live education happening right now, sign up for something that inspires you,” says Villa. “The beauty of being able to experience learning with all of your senses, making new connections, and being able to ask questions face-to-face is unparalleled.”
Villa suggests learning these 5 things before 2024:
- The art of internal layering (ghost layers) for texture and movement – almost every silhouette will benefit from them.
- Precision cutting techniques to create clean crisp perimeters – whether it’s a geometric bob, mushroom cut or pixie, the perimeter defines and supports the shape.
- One new trend: don’t get stale, learn at least one new trend to offer existing clients and attract new ones.
- Finesse natural texture cutting and styling skills, it’s the responsibility of all hairdressers to be inclusive and skilled at all hair types and textures.
- Revamp consultation skills – all other services will be elevated if a stylist clearly understands what their guest wants and can meet their expectations.
“How you go about learning something new is different for everyone, but I do believe being face-to-face with a teacher in a hands-on environment with tools and hair is one of the best ways. You can get real-time feedback about how you’re holding a tool, your body position and execution of the technique. Plus, you have the support of other peers cheering you on,” adds Villa.
Credit: CBC Productions @haircbc_pro
The post <strong>5 Things to Learn Before 2024</strong> appeared first on EsteticaMagazine.com.