“Hair is a powerful thing. It can reflect how we live life or feel and what we represent. More than ever, today’s haircuts are a means of personal expression to define who we are,” explains Teresa Romero, Creative Director for Sam Villa.
Extreme hair, daring undercuts, side swept micro bixies and power pixies are some of the looks strongly influenced by the modern quaintrelle movement. Confident looks that are easily styled in different ways worn by someone who lives life based on their passions and sense of fashion. Clean modern lines, dimensional block color and internal texture with a solid structure define these visually inspiring personalized haircuts.
Taking the leap to do extreme hair takes courage. Romero advises the following:
- Have a thorough consultation, really listen to what the guest likes and dislikes and remain versatile.
- This is a statement look, so be sure to personalize it in every way possible to the guest’s personality and style.
- To gauge how the style is progressing, dry and style hair before texturizing with a Sam Villa Signature Series 7” Dry Cutting Shear, that way the shape can be seen more clearly before working on the interior and texturizing.
- Color plays such an important part of statement hair, recommend hues that support the structured nature of the haircut and accent various attributes.
- Transitioning statement hair to another style can be challenging, provide options for how to gracefully move on to another look with ease and confidence.
Model 1 – Hair: Manda Ziegelman, Sam Villa Ambassador/Model: Maddie Angle
Model 2 – Hair: Roger Molina, Sam Villa ArTeam/Model: Michele Pahl
Model 3 – Hair: Manda Ziegelman, Sam Villa Ambassador/Model: Julia Railey
Creative Director: Teresa Romero
Photographer: Nico Norsdström/Obsidian and Blush
Makeup Artist: Letica Tapia and Delia Deleon
Wardrobe: Michi Lafary/Obsidian and Blush
The post Extreme hair: making a statement appeared first on EsteticaMagazine.com.