Festival Season is here and it’s the perfect time for clients to be more creative and inventive with their hair looks. Festivals are fun and adventurous and so is festival hair!
“Think quirky, more intricate hair ups and left down styles with extreme volume and texture,” says Sabrina Dijkman, Alterna Europe Ambassador. “Hair accessories are also more popular than ever. They are great with a number of hair looks to instantly transform the style. They also take it up a notch and give it that added festival edge. Below are a few of my favourite festival hair looks, which will be super on trend for 2022 festival season, and how to create them in the salon on clients…”
- Wash with the hair with My Hair My Canvas More To Love Bodifying Shampoo and Conditioner to give the hair a foundation of fullness, texture and movement
- Apply Soaring High Volumizing Blowout Mist throughout the hair to prep the hair prior to blow-drying and to add lift at the root and further volume throughout the hair
- Wave the hair with a 25mm curling iron. This thinner iron will help achieve the perfect ‘S shaped’ waves and working in small sections will give the hair added body. If the client has a thinner hair type, they can also add some clip in extensions to this look to give the hair a fuller, more volumised finish.
- Finish by scrunching My Hair My Canvas, Any Way Texture Spray through the hair to give the hair added texture, as well as a soft hold
- Complete the style by adding in a jewelled head vine to give the look added character.
- As hair starts to get oily, a half up is the perfect choice for day two festival hair. Clients should take a handy travel size dry shampoo in their bag, like My Hair. My Canvas Another Day Dry Shampoo, and mist this through the hair to absorb excess oils, whilst also providing volume and giving the hair softness.
- My Hair My Canvas Easy Does It Air Dry Balm used throughout the hair eliminates frizz. It enhances the look of the waves and to helps give the hair manageability. This makes it easier to create the braid in the hair.
- Working from the left, braid a section of the hair and stop 3/4s of the way down the head. Then secure with a hair tie leaving a ponytail.
- Wrap section of the ponytail around the hair should the client wish.
- Mist braid again with My Hair My Canvas Another Day Dry Shampoo. Gently pull out each section to also give the braid added fullness.
SLEEK TOP KNOT
- On day three, hair will be oilier and hair will be starting to lack lustre and with that in mind, it’s a good idea for client to opt for a sleek, ‘wet look’ hairstyle. By applying My Hair My Canvas Shine On Defining Foam and brushing this through the front section of the hair, this will help enhance shine and give the hair smoothness.
- The hair should be pulled back and tied tightly into place in a ponytail at the top of the head
- The ponytail should then be misted with My Hair My Canvas Another Day Dry Shampoo to give added volume before being wrapped around the ponytail into a bun and pinned into place
- The look should be finished by spritzing through My Hair My Canvas City Slay Shielding Hairspray to banish any flyaways and to give the look added shine.
The post Festival Season is Coming so Get Creative! appeared first on EsteticaMagazine.com.