Learn how to a cut a quintessential, fine hair pixie with Teresa Romero, Creative Director for Sam Villa. Check it out!
“Simplicity blended with precision is today’s polished elegance. Fine hair that’s naturally straight to moderately wavey is soft, flowing and head hugging. An ideal texture for this quintessential pixie,” explains Teresa Romero, Creative Director for Sam Villa. This go to haircut can be worn by many personalities and face shapes, the customization is reflected through texturing. Remember to:
- Keep cutting sections thin and precise
- Avoid excessive over direction
- Save texturing for when hair is dry for maximum refinement
“Since fine hair is already visually soft and hugs the head, it’s important to texturize with a plan. Deliberate point cuts in a “V” shape across the top and in the fringe will create movement and depth, while random point cuts create soft floating pieces,” adds Romero.
How To Cut a Fine Hair Pixie
- Use Sam Villa Signature Series 5.75” Shears on damp hair and starting behind the right ear, use diagonal back sections to elevate hair 90°. Fingers should mirror the section line. Allow hair to remain 2 to 3” long.
- Working with a traveling guide, repeat sections until just past the center back.
- Repeat the process at the left back of the ear.
- Using vertical sections through the crown and sides, blend with hair behind ears.
- On the top, elevate hair straight up and blend to the sides and crown.
- Leave a longer fringe to soften and highlight eyes or create drama with micro fringe.
- Air dry with Redken One United Leave-In Conditioner or blow dry with a Sam Villa Professional Light Ionic Blow Dryer and Redken Big Blowout for volume and texture.
To learn more from the Sam Villa Team, check out FREE weekly Facebook Live classes and 10-minute YouTube tutorials. The complete catalogue of customizable education for salons, shows and events, including Thrive On, is available here.
Creative Director: Teresa Romero; Hair: Becka Bradshaw Sam Villa Ambassador; Photographer: Nico Nordstrom Obsidian and Blush; Wardrobe: Michi Lafary Obsidian and Blush; Tools: Sam Villa; Products: Redken; Makeup: Leticia Tapia and Delia DeLeon; Model: Tana Rose.
The post Finessing a Fine Hair Pixie appeared first on EsteticaMagazine.com.