Nourish your skin from within and get ready to glow with the beauty benefits of sustainable Scottish seaweed – one of the most nutritious foods in the world to support healthy skin, hair and nails.
Science has proven that certain foods can play a vital role in enhancing the overall health and appearance of our skin, hair and nails. Nutrient-rich plant-based foods, in particular, such as seaweed, contain a rich plethora of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and essential iodine that can help us achieve a more youthful, beautiful natural glow that starts from within.
Introducing NEW Doctor Seaweed’s Weed and Wonderful Beauty+ supplement – the newest addition to the multi-award-winning Weed and Wonderful® supplement range. Beauty+ combines antioxidant-rich superfoods, 100 percent pure, sustainably sourced Scottish seaweed and vitamins and minerals that work in synergy to create glowing, healthy skin.
In a group of 40 women between the ages of 40-59 taking one Doctor Seaweed Beauty+ for 30 days, 60% saw improvements in the quality and appearance of hair and 63% saw improvements in the quality and appearance of nails.
Doctor Seaweed’s Beauty+ contains a wholefood and natural source of essential iodine – from sustainable Scottish seaweed – and this has been enhanced with the addition of natural, plant-based sources – including Indian gooseberry, moringa, holy basil, green tea, shiitake and oyster mushrooms, coconut and marigold – providing vitamins A, B2, B3, C, E, Biotin, Selenium and Zinc. Each of these carefully selected ingredients offers key nutrients to support hair, skin and nails naturally – healthy glowing skin starts with the right nutrition.
- Hair. Biotin, selenium and zinc provide the ultimate combination of nutrients for strong and healthy hair. Biotin stimulates the production of keratin – the main structural component of our hair. Thanks to its major role in hair follicle development, zinc can improve the rate of hair growth. Biotin and selenium also help the body convert the food we eat into the necessary proteins needed to grow hair. Iodine within the seaweed, as well as selenium support the thyroid – the gland that plays a key role in supporting healthy hair growth.
- Skin. Vitamins A, B2, B3, biotin, and zinc and iodine are all scientifically proven to be essential for skin health. They all play a crucial role in giving skin a natural, healthy glow – from regulating the skin’s moisture levels (preventing dry or oily skin), promoting an even skin tone and benefitting skin that’s red, itchy or sensitive through anti-inflammatory effects.
- Nails. Zinc helps our cells grow and divide. Since our nails are made up of a type of cell that grows and divides rapidly, ensuring we provide our bodies with good sources of Zinc is vital for healthy nail growth. Selenium helps the body to make use of iodine, the essential nutrient that’s provided from our seaweed which is needed for thyroid function. Healthy thyroid function is essential for getting energy to the cells that need it, including providing our nails with the energy they need to grow strong and long.
- Collagen formation. Vitamin C is scientifically proven to be needed for collagen production. Since it is a water-soluble vitamin, our bodies cannot store it, so ensuring we’re getting enough on a daily basis is key to keeping up our collagen production. Vitamin C is needed to both make and maintain collagen as well as helping to bind collagen fibres together. Collagen is the most abundant protein in our body and helps to strengthen the skin, reduce fine lines and wrinkles and even helps to strengthen our hair and nails.
- Protection from oxidative stress. Vitamins B2, C, E, Selenium and Zinc all act as antioxidants within our body, and are vital for maintaining the appearance of healthy, youthful-looking skin, by defending against damage from oxidative stress. Our skin undergoes oxidative stress on a daily basis, for example, when exposed to UV light and air pollution. This plays a major role in the ageing process, speeding up the loss of collagen, the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Dr. Naomi Newman Beinart, an independent expert for Doctor Seaweed says: “As a nutritionist, I get a lot of questions from women asking what they can do to naturally promote healthy, glowing skin. A varied and nutritious diet will certainly help, but it’s not always easy getting all of the nutrients you need when you lead a busy life. Doctor Seaweeds Weed and Wonderful’s Beauty+ supplement contains seaweed as a natural source of essential iodine. Iodine is vital to support the production of thyroid hormones which have been shown to help skin cells to regenerate.
“When people have iodine deficiency, they often find that their skin is dry and flaky, and it is believed that this may be due to low thyroid hormone levels. As well as this, Beauty+ contains essential vitamins that play a crucial role in giving skin a natural, healthy glow – from regulating moisture levels (preventing dry or oily skin), promoting an even skin tone and benefitting skin that’s red, itchy or sensitive through their anti-inflammatory effects. As we age, our ability to protect our body from the harmful effects of common stressors, such as pollution, alcohol and stress – to name a few – reduces dramatically.
“Vitamins A, B2, C, E, biotin, selenium and zinc, which work synergistically to protect cells from oxidative stress, helping to protect the skin from damage and fighting signs of ageing. The vitamin C also helps to boost collagen formation, as it plays an active role in collagen synthesis, as well as helping to bind collagen fibres together. Collagen is the most abundant protein in our body and helps to strengthen the skin reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and so daily vitamin C is a must for anyone wishing to boost collagen production.
“This natural, vegan-friendly supplement is a simple way to incorporate essential food-based iodine and beauty-boosting vitamins and minerals into the daily diet to greatly optimise thyroid health, metabolism and cognitive function, as well as improve the overall health and appearance of skin, nails and hair.”
To experience the benefits of this sustainable superfood from the sea,
take one capsule of NEW Doctor Seaweed’s Weed and Wonderful Beauty+ a day.
£29.95 for a month’s supply. Available from doctorseaweed.com
The post Get the Glow with the power of seaweed. Doctor Seaweed’s Weed & Wonderful® award-winning brand launch their NEW Beauty+ supplement appeared first on The Salon Magazine.