Learn how to create a whimsical, pretty crown braid style using a scarf with the amazing Ellen Devine, Sam Villa Ambassador.
(New York, NY) – Scarves are still hot and sure to take on all the shimmer and glimmer of the upcoming festive season. Ellen Devine, Sam Villa Ambassador @ellendevinehair, breaks down one of the prettiest ways to wear a scarf seen all over TikTok. Check out the crown braid here.
“A big square silk scarf works best, one that’s fairly large because you want it to pass your natural hair length when you braid,” explains Devine.
How To: Crown Braid
- Brush hair with a Sam Villa Artist Series Finishing Brush to smooth, create two low ponytails with a center part and pull out face framing pieces.
- Fold a large square scarf into a triangle and then the long way until it’s 3” wide (oblong).
- Split hair above one elastic and feed the end of the scarf through, repeat on other side.
- Divide hair on one side into two sections, fashion a 3-strand braid with the scarf being the third strand. Braid until natural hair ends, secure with elastic. Repeat on other side.
- Lift both braids above head and wrap in the opposite direction. From here, either tie a bow or feed ends back down the other side of the braid, tucking in loose ends to create a crown.
- Pin the bottom back for extra hold.
“This is such an easy up style and priceless on a bad hair day!” Devine adds. For a fuller crown, randomly compress hair with a Sam Villa Textur® Professional Texturizing Iron to add extra volume and grip, and then pancake (gently pull apart) braids for a more dramatic effect.
See Devine’s last IG Live with Sam Villa here. Explore more weekly FREE live education from Sam Villa and team here.
Sam Villa is Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of the Sam Villa Company (Allvus, LLC), a leading education and styling tool company for the professional hair industry. He is also Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken 5th Avenue, a L’Oreal brand. Villa is the 2021 NAHA Educator of the Year, 2021 AHP Icon Stylist Influencer of the Year, 2020 International Hairdressing Awards ‘International Hair Influencer of the Year,’ the 2017 NAHA Lifetime Achievement Award Winner, Intercoiffure America/Canada Member, Behind the Chair Stylist Choice Award Winner for Favorite Platform Artist and Educator (2012, 2011 and 2007) and Favorite Overall Educator of the Year (2015). His inspiring education and innovative ergonomic styling tools can be experienced on samvilla.com. The Sam Villa brand brings free digital education to everyone including hot tips and techniques, as well as access to livestreamed educational events. The company also offers professional tools for consumers so they can achieve salon-quality results at home with minimum effort.
The post How to Create a Crown Braid with Ellen Devine appeared first on EsteticaMagazine.com.