Clairol Professional has worked with Lona Vigi who styled Reese Witherspoon’s hair for the NYC premiere of Apple TV+’s Surface.
Reese Witherspoon stunned on the red carpet with her elegant blonde up-do using Clairol’s Shimmer Lights collection.
“My inspiration for Reese Witherspoon was attainable sophistication, but I had to create a look that could handle the NYC rain and humidity. I opted for an elegant high bun that could handle the weather and show off her high collar dress!” says Lona Vigi.
- Wash hair and extensions with Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo ($13.80) and Conditioner ($13.80) to tone down brassiness and keep her blonde bright.
- To refresh and condition, I used the Clairol Shimmer Lights Violet Toning Mask ($11.30) which also helps reduce brass and add vibrancy. Prep wet hair by applying Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Leave-In Styling Treatment ($12.30) right below the ears and downwards on the hair, brushing through thoroughly.
- PRO TIP: Lona loves this product for the summer to restore lost moisture due to hair’s often exposure to sun, chlorine and saltwater during the season.
- While damp, prep the hair with Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Thermal Shine Spray ($10.30), working generously into dampened ends and into the scalp. I love this product because it protects hair from heat and adds so much shine!
- Blow dry the hair using a medium size round bristle brush, gripping the hair and shaping it the way you desire.
- Part the hair down the middle, leaving a triangle shape of hair out from the crown of the head, toward the face (this part of the hair is down and not in the ponytail yet).
- PRO TIP: Use this technique to avoid hair bubbles and have more control over the shape you’re trying to create.
- Craft the rest of the hair into a neat ponytail with an elastic band towards the top of the head to draw the face upward. Add the front bits into the ponytail and lightly back comb the hair in the ponytail and braid it loosely for an “undone” bun.
- Wrap the braid around the base of the pony and secure with hair pins.
- PRO TIP: To create a sleek look, use a spoolie or brush lacquered with hair spray or gel to smooth fly-aways.
- For extra shine, add the Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Thermal Shine Spray ($10.30) to set the hair with hold and shine, using a baby toothbrush to sculpt the finished look.
The post How To: Reese Witherspoon’s Elegant High Bun appeared first on EsteticaMagazine.com.