Melissa Timperley Salons have launched a series of monthly in person Masterclasses, designed to enhance precision cutting skills and increase stylist’s confidence in the salon.
The education came about after salon founder Melissa became increasingly aware of gaps in her salon team’s cutting skills, regardless of their level and previous training. Having personally re-trained each of her 14-strong staff to ensure their skillset could exceed expectations, Melissa soon learned that the same issue was being experienced by other salon owners across the UK.
In response to demand, Melissa and her team set about planning and developing a precision cutting masterclass which examines the finest details of a haircut, breaking down the techniques and skills required to achieve a picture-perfect finish every time. Taking place once a month at Spectrum Studio in Manchester, the hands-on training looks at every aspect of a cutting appointment to equip attendees with the strongest foundations for all future work, plus the practical knowledge and confidence needed to apply these skills on the salon floor.
The course includes:
- An explanation of the award-winning MT ‘Precision Principles’ – how to use them in your work and why they will set you apart from other stylists
- A demonstration of precision cutting technique on 3 live models from Melissa, plus team members Sara (who is left-handed) and Joe
- A ‘hands on’ experience to create the cut of your choice on a mannequin head (supplied), including individual coaching and guidance from the educators
- A spotlight on checking the cut and blow-dry techniques for the precise style
- Practical tips and tricks on dealing with typical in-salon challenges such as:
- How to create super-straight, one length lines
- Round, square and triangle layering for any hair length
- Mastering the right elevation to create the perfect graduation, time and time again
- Dealing with tricky areas i.e. fringes
- Working with face shape, hair type, texture and growth patterns
- Managing the consultation and understanding how to achieve exactly what your client wants
- How to style your cut using our unique blow dry technique for the precise style
‘Precision cutting is the foundation of everything we do as stylists, yet there is still such a lack of knowledge and confidence in this area’ says Melissa. ‘MT Precision Cutting Masterclass has been designed to help break bad habits and teach new disciplines, to equip stylists with the skills and know-how they need to create head-turning work. Feedback from the first course has been so positive and I’ve been so impressed with the improvements I’ve seen in those attending after just a few hours. I can’t wait to bring these principles to an even wider audience as the year unfolds.’
MT Precision Cutting Masterclass dates for 2023 have been announced, with the first course in January selling out within days of going on sale. The day-long course costs £330, inclusive of a delicious lunch, mannequin head, certificate of completion and goodie bag. For more details, or to book a slot, please visit MT MasterClass by Melissa Timperley (@mt_masterclass).
The post Introducing MT Precision Cutting Masterclass from Melissa Timperley Salons appeared first on The Salon Magazine.