When the sun comes out thoughts very quickly turn to hair colour and one hair colour in particular – Blonde! The Luxe Blonde Summer Trend by Rush ticks all the boxes.
There are so many shades and tones of blonde there’s one to suit everyone, giving every skin tone and hair colour the opportunity to lighten up. No one wants to have a brassy blonde or lightened hair that looks dull and tired. “A recent trend with blondes has been the Luxe Blonde,” says Tina Farey, Editorial Director of Rush Hairdressing. “By Luxe we mean expensive looking, well executed colour placement; whether it’s highlights or Balayage and well-conditioned, cut and styled hair. All of these elements create the Luxe Blonde.”
Balayage has been exceptionally popular with clients. Especially coming out of lockdown, with colour having grown out many clients have embraced this, but that was then, and this is now, and healthy blonde hair is the big hair trend of the summer. Clients can keep their balayaged locks but visit their hairdresser regularly to keep them in check. “Introducing some highlights or lowlights to face frame can lift clients balayage from drab to dazzling,“ adds Rush expert colourist Seung Ki Baek. “The key to having a stunning colour is maintaining the health of the hair. Conditioning products such as masks, serums and oils are all important. They help make hair colour stand out. Nothing looks as good as healthy shiny hair. I recommend to all my clients the importance of a hair regime that includes regular treatments and trims, as well as colour updates.”
Resurgence of highlighted blonde
Highlights have always been popular, and we’ve seen a resurgence of the highlighted blonde throughout the spring into the early summer months. There’s so much choice for highlighted blondes – from subtle natural blondes lightened a few shades to sun bleached blondes and baby blonde tones. Always discuss with your client which blonde will suit their hair and skin tone best. Be realistic with your client on what is achievable and the process.
- Clients should let their hair make a statement this summer, whether they decide to go full on blonde or dip their toe into the water with a few highlights or a subtle balayage, there’s a blonde for everyone and yes, they do have more fun.
- Clients should visit the salon at least once a month for a treatment. I love Olaplex, it really strengthens the hair.
- Clients should invest in good aftercare and professional products that really do work!
- Clients should use a silver or purple toned shampoo to get rid of brassiness. Although be sure to advise your clients to be careful whilst using these products, as they can build up and can often be harsher on the hair. Advise clients to only use these once per week and always follow up with a treatment afterwards.
- Don’t over work hair that’s fragile and avoid using too much bleach
- Advise clients to always use a heat protector – that goes without saying!
. Advise clients that if they want to tie their hair back, to use a fabric tie rather than an elastic that can put too much tension on the hair
Tina Farey and Seung Ki Baek both work at Rush. Visit www.rush.co.uk to discover more.
The post Luxe Blonde Summer Trend by Rush appeared first on EsteticaMagazine.com.