Sophie Habboo hit the headlines for all the right reasons this April, thanks to her simple yet elegant bridal look. The former Made in Chelsea star married her beau, Jamie Lang at Chelsea Registry Office in front of family and friends.
Sophie Habboo looked stunning in her classic Vivienne Westwood gown – but her hair, styled by session stylist Willis Galbrieth, was also grabbing plenty of attention. We caught up with Jennifer Swain, owner of House of Swain, to get her thoughts, as well as some tips and tricks for recreating the look….
Jennifer’s top tips for recreating this look:
“I absolutely loved Sophie’s bridal hair – it’s beautifully finished yet appears far more effortless than an overly fussy updo, ensuring that incredible Westwood dress can take centre stage. The combination of her understated, gently tonged loose waves with a short and sweet bow veil fully embraces the ‘less is more’ mantra,” says Jennifer. “As a trend going forward, I think we’ll see more brides opting for this undone look – I so often hear brides say they want to feel like themselves on the big day, so why do so many opt for a style that they would never normally wear or feel comfortable with? Seeing Sophie opting for such a low fuss look for her day will undoubtedly encourage other brides to do the same, and feel confident to embrace their authentic self on their big day.”
Step by step guide to Sophie Habboo’s bridal ook
- Prep is key to ensure the longevity of this look. I would start by applying Davines Volume Boosting Mousse to freshly washed hair. This airy product is perfect for giving all hair types light and natural-looking body.
- Blow-dry the hair using a medium to large radial brush – the bigger the better as you’re aiming to achieve a really bouncy, 90s-inspired blow-dry.
- Next, barrel curl the hair in sections and pin at the root, before leaving to cool.
- Starting at the bottom, gently release each curl.
- Carefully pad out at the root, before smoothing the hair into shape using a dressing brush.
- Finally, fix with a flexible hold hairspray to ensure the hair looks touchable, yet still has staying power to last the day. My favourite is Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray.
Jennifer adds: “Extensions are also a great option for brides who want to add length or texture to their hair for the big day. GL Tapes are ideal for brides who don’t want the commitment of bonds, thanks to the speed and ease with which they can be applied.”
The post Sophie Habboo – Bridal Hair Look of the Year (So Far!)? ￼ appeared first on EsteticaMagazine.com.