The Thom Browne A/W 2023 Collection was inspired by the story The Little Prince. So Session Stylist, James Pecis used Oribe Hair Care products to create unique looks to represent each character in the story.
This season’s NYFW featured the Thom Browne Autumn/Winter 2023 Collection. The concept behind the collection was the story The Little Prince and the variety of characters the protagonist meets during his magical voyage. Session Stylist, James Pecis used Oribe Hair Care products and his incredible imagination to create unique looks to represent each character in the story.
How to get the looks:
For the avant-garde concepts of the Thom Browne Autumn/Winter 2023 Collection, James Pecis came up with suitably avant-garde hairstyles. And Oribe Hair Care styling products both inspired and facilitated his creations.
- The Little Prince: a more natural look inspired by the illustrations by the author Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. Naive yet futuristic.
- Spray Swept Up Volume Powder Spray throughout.
- Set the hair or wig with rollers.
- Finish with Superfine Hair Spray.
- The Snake: Pecis came up with sinuous braids for this ambiguous personage.
- Split the hair into two ponytails at the crown of the head.
- Apply Rock Hard Gel and braid each section of hair with wires inside for extra strength.
- Twist the braids together and wrap around the head in shape of a snake.
- The Rose: The Little Prince’s unique companion on his tiny planet. Pecis envisioned and sculpted these “roses” one by one.
- Set hair pieces with Rock Hard Gel and allow to dry.
- Wrap and pin pieces around the head one-by-one to create a conceptual flower shape.
- The Planets: The Little Prince visited many planets and their often singular inhabitants on his voyage. Pecis drew his inspiration from a high-volume bouffant style and added accessories to consolidate the concept.
- Apply Swept Up Volume Powder Spray and shape rings around head with wires inside.
- Backcomb the crown to get high bouffant shape, inspired by a photo of Thom’s mother in the 1950s.
- Combine with “orbs” by wrapping hair around circular balls and pinning in place.
- Set final look with Superfine Hair Spray and Superfine Strong Hair Spray.
The post Thom Browne A/W 2023 with Oribe appeared first on EsteticaMagazine.com.